Skip to main content

Earth Day Blog Hop- Recycle!



Earth Day is just around the corner! 
I'm super excited to be participating in this wonderful collaborative effort 
on Earth Day books and activities today! Please make sure to hop on over and
check out all of the great books and activities being shared!

The book I am choosing to share is called, Why Should I Recycle?
This book is a wonderful way to get children thinking about social responsibility 
through  reusing and recycling! The book is a little long, 
but with creative reading and storytelling, 
you can shorten the story for younger listeners :).

We recycle A LOT! 
Today, I'm also recycling posts... 
Here are a few of our favorite activities where we 
"reused" "recycled" or "upcycled" 











I could go on and on and on.....

We re-purpose A LOT! If you are interested in more, feel free to check the archives!



There are a lot of  Earth Day books along with fantastic ideas being shared by some other bloggers today! Stop by and bookmark or even go ahead and pin them all :).

  Teach Preschool : Child Central Station : Living Montessori Now : Aunt Annie's Childcare : The SEEDS Network : Flights of Whimsy : Pre-K Pages : Kreative Resources : I'm a teacher, get me OUTSIDE here! : Share & Remember : Music Sparks : little illuminations : Greening Sam and Avery : Putti Prapancha : Early Play : 52 Days to Explore : Little Running Teacher : Look at My Happy Rainbow : Rainbows within Reach

Do you have a great Earth Day book or activity to share? We'd love to hear about it! Leave a comment or link up below!

Comments

Wow, what an awesome list of activities. I love the idea of recycling markers. We try to keep track or caps and replace them but you know how it goes. Thanks for the inspiration!
I love all the ways you repurpose at your center! You outdoor cooking area is awesome!
Nic. said…
Wow! I'm loving all your garden ideas. I have a mudpie kitchen happening already but I'm so stealing the music idea. Awesome stuff! Thanks heaps for putting it out there.
Roopa said…
Love all your ideas for recycling things!! And your music area is awesome:))
Unknown said…
I need to remember your marker tip. JDaniel loses maker caps all the time.

Popular posts from this blog

What Would You Do With It? Wednesday #4, Cardboard Tubes (Toilet Paper, Paper Towel, etc)

Welcome to this week's edition of What Would You Do With It? Wednesday. This week's item(s) are paper tubes. You most often find them at the end of a roll of toilet paper or paper toweling. I'm having trouble hunting up the photos I was going to post for this, so when I find them, I will add them. We have made: rain sticks kaleidoscopes marble runs and we have also cut the tubes and made them into flowers or snowflakes like these. If you would like to visit and link to some of our previous What Would You Do With It Wednesdays, please click here.

Making Moon Mud!

We usually make our moon sand with cornstarch , sand, and baby oil. However a blog reader commented that when they make their moon sand- they use water instead of oil.  So, of course, my first thought was- why make moon sand when you could make MOON MUD?  And so you have it- our homemade moon mud! Basically, it ends up being a sandy- runny oobleck! It acts kind of like a solid- and kind of like a liquid..... Now, I'm sure I will get all kinds of questions on the exact recipe and proportions to make this stuff.....  The truth is, we rarely measure. We just mix it up until it looks and feels about right! Today, we made ours with too much water. (It was an experiment.) So, we removed some off the top.  After we were done playing in the mud- we let it sit. A little bit more of the water evaporated while we napped.... Then, this afternoon- It was perfect! Hard as a rock on the bottom, until you dig into grab it... Then....

Easter Egg Caterpillars!

OOOPS! This post has moved, please click on the photo to be redirected!