Skip to main content

Changes on the Horizon


Yes, the rumors are true. For those of you in the local area, you may have already heard.

There are big changes coming on the horizon around here.


I have a new job. I actually started already (part time for the summer, will be full time in the fall).  My new position is a Quality Improvement Consultant for the Early Childhood Investment Corporation and the Upper Peninsula Great Start Quality Resource Center. 

Life as we know it is going to be very different, 
but I am excited about the upcoming challenges and adventures.

Don't worry... I'll still be blogging,
my focus may shift a bit... 
and if you don't see me online for awhile don't worry
.... I'll be back, after I finish juggling all of the real life adventures!

Oh, and I'm still providing training sessions. With this new position, I will have some more flexibility and may even be taking some of my training sessions on the road!

Comments

Denise said…
wow! Good luck Amy! Those are big changes!
Phyllis said…
This is wonderful! I hope you love it! I am looking forward to seeing it all unfold for you.
Anonymous said…
Holy buckets! You, too??? It seems I know too many closing right now! However, the best of luck in your new adventures, and as you and your family transition!
Tom Bedard said…
Amy, good for you. It sounds like you will be in a position to have even a broader impact on the early childhood community up there and beyond. Best of luck in your new endeavors.

Popular posts from this blog

What Would You Do With It? Wednesday #4, Cardboard Tubes (Toilet Paper, Paper Towel, etc)

Welcome to this week's edition of What Would You Do With It? Wednesday. This week's item(s) are paper tubes. You most often find them at the end of a roll of toilet paper or paper toweling. I'm having trouble hunting up the photos I was going to post for this, so when I find them, I will add them. We have made: rain sticks kaleidoscopes marble runs and we have also cut the tubes and made them into flowers or snowflakes like these. If you would like to visit and link to some of our previous What Would You Do With It Wednesdays, please click here.

Making Moon Mud!

We usually make our moon sand with cornstarch , sand, and baby oil. However a blog reader commented that when they make their moon sand- they use water instead of oil.  So, of course, my first thought was- why make moon sand when you could make MOON MUD?  And so you have it- our homemade moon mud! Basically, it ends up being a sandy- runny oobleck! It acts kind of like a solid- and kind of like a liquid..... Now, I'm sure I will get all kinds of questions on the exact recipe and proportions to make this stuff.....  The truth is, we rarely measure. We just mix it up until it looks and feels about right! Today, we made ours with too much water. (It was an experiment.) So, we removed some off the top.  After we were done playing in the mud- we let it sit. A little bit more of the water evaporated while we napped.... Then, this afternoon- It was perfect! Hard as a rock on the bottom, until you dig into grab it... Then....

Easter Egg Caterpillars!

OOOPS! This post has moved, please click on the photo to be redirected!