Skip to main content

Wanted: What Would You Do With It Wednesday Guest Posts!

If you haven't noticed, I've been on a hiatus from my regular Wednesday postings. I've been contemplating whether or not to keep the series going. Time is a major issue in doing so, but I LOVE to upcycle, repurpose, and reuse items in creative ways. So, rather than get rid of my Wednesday linky party completely, I am going to ask you all for some help. Do you have a great idea that uses recyclables or "trash"?  I would love to have you share your ideas on my blog!

Here is how it will work. If you are interested, you need to email me with the following information:
1) Your name
2) Your blog/website address (if you have one. You do not need to have a blog to participate)
3) The item you plan to repurpose. (Your project can use more than one item, but pick one to highlight for other folks to be able to link up their ideas to.)

Then, I will contact you with a publication date (a Wednesday) . Your post must be received at least one week prior to your publication date in order to published on the blog. Here are the guidelines for your post:

* It must be family friendly.

* At least one photo (preferably more) must be used. All photographs MUST be photos that you, yourself have taken.

*The post may include some background information about you, your blog/website, etc. BUT the primary focus must be on the project or challenge. By primary, I mean at least 2/3 of the post.

*The project must be something that would be developmentally appropriate for a young child to do OR use. They do not necessarily have to be able to complete the project, but they would have to be able to use the product in some way.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me via email: amyahola@hotmail.com.

For those of you who are not interested in guest posting, but are awaiting the return of the ideas. This series will start back up in September!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Would You Do With It? Wednesday #4, Cardboard Tubes (Toilet Paper, Paper Towel, etc)

Welcome to this week's edition of What Would You Do With It? Wednesday. This week's item(s) are paper tubes. You most often find them at the end of a roll of toilet paper or paper toweling. I'm having trouble hunting up the photos I was going to post for this, so when I find them, I will add them. We have made: rain sticks kaleidoscopes marble runs and we have also cut the tubes and made them into flowers or snowflakes like these. If you would like to visit and link to some of our previous What Would You Do With It Wednesdays, please click here.

Making Moon Mud!

We usually make our moon sand with cornstarch , sand, and baby oil. However a blog reader commented that when they make their moon sand- they use water instead of oil.  So, of course, my first thought was- why make moon sand when you could make MOON MUD?  And so you have it- our homemade moon mud! Basically, it ends up being a sandy- runny oobleck! It acts kind of like a solid- and kind of like a liquid..... Now, I'm sure I will get all kinds of questions on the exact recipe and proportions to make this stuff.....  The truth is, we rarely measure. We just mix it up until it looks and feels about right! Today, we made ours with too much water. (It was an experiment.) So, we removed some off the top.  After we were done playing in the mud- we let it sit. A little bit more of the water evaporated while we napped.... Then, this afternoon- It was perfect! Hard as a rock on the bottom, until you dig into grab it... Then....

Easter Egg Caterpillars!

OOOPS! This post has moved, please click on the photo to be redirected!