Skip to main content

What Would You Do With It? Wednesday: Pizza Boxes



Welcome to this week's edition of What Would You Do With It? Wednesday! This week we are featuring pizza boxes!  We honestly don't order pizza all that often, but we do end up with a collection of boxes when we do. So, the challenge for this week is to use those pizza boxes up!

In all honesty, we have never made a project that uses the pizza box in its entirety. We cut them up to use the cardboard when we made our wonderful funny feet for making tracks in the snow that were inspired by Abbie over at Greening Sam and Avery:


So, rather than share a bunch of cut out projects, I surfed the web for more inspiration. This is what I found!

Look at this great solar oven from Family Fun, I cannot wait for enough sun to try this out!

This puppet simply rocks!  I found it over at Highlights Kids.

This pizza box playset looks like a lot of fun! I found it over at Crafting a Green World.


This organization idea sparked my interest too.... over at Giver's Log.


I know that Teacher Tom used pizza boxes to make paving stones. You can read all about it here.

Last week's challenge was to use plastic liquid laundry detergent bottles. I'm still looking for some great ideas! Please feel free to stop back and link up at any time if you find some! 

For the full list of previously posted items and upcoming challenges, visit the What Would You Do With It? Wednesdays Page.

On to this week's link up! Pizza Boxes- It's your turn!

Do you have a great idea or post that you can share using Pizza Boxes? If so, please join in linking up!

Here are the rules:

1) The post MUST use Cardboard Pizza Boxes (or a similar sized container)

2) The post MUST be family friendly.

There are no other requirements. If you would like, I would love if you linked back to his linky party, but it is not required. I would hope that you will investigate the links shared and visit some of the other blogs, but I'm not imposing any "blog hop/linky" rules. Please, if you do find great ideas and photos... Give credit where credit is due :).

If you have been featured and feel inclined, my featured button is available to grab from the sidebar.

Next week, I will feature my favorite link up and I'll be posting about Wine Corks! Hopefully, I'll be on time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our DIY Light Tables

There has been a lot of buzz about light tables over at Teach Preschool on Facebook . Deborah has collected some great ideas for light table play and has been experimenting with making her own table over on the Teach Preschool blog.   I thought I would share with you our two light tables and how we made them. This first table is one that we put together with some scrap wood pieces, an old plexi-glass door from an entertainment center, and a couple of aquarium lights. Total Cost = $0. (We had everything on hand.)  The table needs a little bit of tweaking. (It is on my to do list).  Basically, we made a frame of wood around the plexi-glass and placed the lights under it. Our DIY skills in putting this together were far from expert, so the frame has a couple of gaps (and the reused wood is warped). We plan to try a new frame and use some caulk to seal any gaps.  We also plan to attach the lights to the side of the frame instead of just placing them on the f...

A Few Ideas With Marker Caps (As Promised)

Yesterday, I hope I convinced you not to throw away your markers that "don't work." Today, I will share with you a few ideas for what to do with all of the caps. The possibilities are nearly endless, but here are a few of our recent creations: 1) A Leprechaun/Fairy Ladder/Rope Ladder: 2) #1 if not permanently secured can also double as a rope bridge: 3) #1/#2 can also be made into a train track for your homemade trains :). (No photo available) 4) You can use them as beads for a necklace: 5) You could make them into a wind chime. (No photo available). 6. You can use them as small manipulatives to count, sort, and make patterns with. (No photo available). 7) You could use them as playing pieces in your own homemade board game. (No photo available). 8) You could put them on a wire and glue them in place to make a twirling whirly-gig. 9) You could top them with a lid from a milk jug to make tiny tables or toadstools. 10) You could make them...

"The Markers Don't Work!"

How may times have you heard, "Ms. (fill your name in here), this marker doesn't work!" I know I hear it all the time. Sometimes it is because our little friends forget to replace the caps, and sometimes the markers have just been "all used up!" What do you do with all those markers that just don't work? Please don't tell me that you throw them out, try this instead: First, sort your markers out. Put the caps in one container ( save those too, I'll show you what you can do with them in tomorrow's post) and the markers in another. I have a box for the markers that "don't work" for the children to place them into every time they run across one. You can also have the children help you test the markers periodically to sort out the ones that need to be removed from the "working set." When it comes time to use "the markers that don't work," we use a small sponge paint roller to roll water onto our card...